Thursday, November 24, 2016

Star Wars The Black Series 3.75" Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader & Imperial Death Trooper (Rogue One)


More Star Wars baddies. It's double trouble with the Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader and the Imperial Death Trooper. 


Click images to enlarge. 



First up the Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader. I believe there's an error with the labelling. I always thought the one with the blue splashes on the armour was the Squad Leader. Anyway the Scarif Stormtrooper is so named as they are stationed at the top-secret Imperial military headquarters on Scarif. They are also known as Shoretroopers. 

This is the first I'm looking at a Scarif Stormtrooper. I think the design is pretty cool. I like the shape of the helmet. I like how it angles down towards the front. I think he looks more menacing than a regular Stormtrooper. There's what looks like a visor just above the eyes. It's not movable. On it is a red circular logo. It kinda looks like an up-side-down Pac-Man, and reminds me of the Death Star. It screams "Hey, I'm part of the security guarding the Death Star plans." to me. Lol. The armour was well sculpted and has great detail. The belt and "flaps" portion is one separate piece stuck onto his waist. One notable difference compared to other Stromtroopers we've seen previously is that the upper legs are exposed. The're's great detail on his pants. It is bunched up and wrinkled, and it is also textured. The best part I think is that the armour is weathered. It is off white and has been black washed to make it seem dirt covered. Very nice!


























Accessories. He comes with only a blaster rifle. I like the gun metal colour.


The Death Trooper looks great. I won't go much into this figure. He's very similar to the 6" version. He's big and imposing as he should be and there's lots of great sculpted detail. The armour is mostly black in colour and has a shine to it. There's some nice paint detail. The lenses of the helmet are metallic green. I like the gun metal used for the strip in the centre of the helmet and the scope on the side.


























He comes with a harness with several pouches and equipment on it. To equip or remove it you'll have to remove the head first and peg/unpeg the peg located on his left side of the harness. The three silver grenades / shells in the front are very prominent. I would have preferred them in a darker tone. 


























The Death Trooper also comes with a blaster rifle and blaster pistol. Both have great sculpted detail on them and are gun metal in colour. The pistol unfortunately cannot be stored on his person.


Articulation. They both have a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel and forward (up and down) hinge right wrist, swivel hinge left wrist, ball joint torso, swivel hinge hips, thigh swivel, swivel hinge knees and ankle swivel and hinge.

With the harness on the Death Trooper cannot raise his right arm fully. Though the pouches are in the way, they can be pushed aside to allow his left arm to be raised.

The Scarif Stormtrooper's articulation at the shoulders and knees are hindered by his armoured. He cannot stretch his arms out to the sides fully and there's not much bend at the knees. Also the "flaps" at his waist hinders the legs from being raised. 





























Just a single comparison shot. I think I'll have to find a better looking Stormtrooper. The one I have just doesn't cut it. 


Nice figures! Thanks for viewing!



No comments: